Data Engineer – Fin-tech Team
About the Position
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated Data Engineer’s to join our client services team. We work with some of the leading fin-tech companies. Our team shares a passion with our client for rapid innovation, creativity, and commitment to delivering, which is a cornerstone of our approach and competitive advantage. We are committed to attracting and developing the very best people who are dedicated to exceptional service delivery.
- Design and develop data and BI solutions and related processes to meet and exceed the requirements of stakeholders.
- Using best software development practices using proper design patterns, automated tests and documentation.
- Develop technical designs for Data and BI subcomponents
- Contribute efforts to explore and work to integrate tools and supporting technologies to advance the current architecture and design of the technical solutions
- Produce code in line with the established design patterns and engineering standards.
- Responsible or development estimations for the specific tasks to which they are assigned and engage in the estimation for the wider squad goals.
- Meet or exceed the quality, scalability and reliability goals of assigned work.
- Collaborate closely with others to meet the squad’s goals.
- Coach and help junior members of the squad to advance the technical and design skills of the squad.
- You build it, you run int approach to solutions developed by the squad.
- Actively engage with the processes adopted by the squad.
- 7+ years professional experience
- Experiences with designing and developing across data and BI, primarily with ETL and dimensional data modelling
- Experiences with SQL – TSQL, SQL, PL/PGSQL
- Experience with AWS – Redshift, S3, Lambda
- Experience with MPP – Amazon Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Teradata
- Columnar databases
- DWH modelling / Dimensional modelling / Data lakes
- ETL / ELT
- Python basic programming skills and understanding of unit testing
- Git or any other version control
- CI/CD experience is a plus
- Query tuning in general
- Microsoft SQL Server
- AWS DevOps (services like AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodePipeline)
- Any other AWS services
- SSAS Tabular / DAX measures
- SSRS / Tableau/ Power BI
- Microservice architecture knowledge is beneficial
What to expect?
- A flat team structure and a highly collaborative culture that values progress over perfection and encourages creativity, innovation, and diversity.
- A highly motivated global team of colleagues.
- A flexible working style.
What we offer
- Mix of serious projects and great working atmosphere, well recognized on market
- Dynamic international work environment
- Skilled and senior co-workers
- Proper financial compensation
- Private medical care
- Personal and professional development – internal Tech talks and soft skills trainings
WHO WE ARE?
Bakson Ltd is a software development company based in Belgrade. We are working with teams around the world and take pride on variety of projects we handle and technology we use.
HOW DO WE WORK?
Our workflow is inspired by Agile and Lean principles. We’re not devoted to Scrum or any other framework, but are trying to work in small batches, with fast feedback and very close interaction with product owners.
The emphasis in our team is on collaboration and mutual support – sharing project workflow with globally distributed teams, contributing code to core global services and applications, and encouraging cultural exchange between development groups. Bakson encourages working from home, and the distributed nature of our teams requires us to have flexibility around working hours. We’re familiar with asynchronous and remote work. A Software Engineer in our company is a core writer of code, but also an inspirer and an exemplar to other developers…
Basically, what we care about is that you are a self-starter, happy to work with others, and prepared to adapt and do your best.