Database Admin – Ticketmaster DBA Team
Ticketmaster gives millions of fans – worldwide – fair and easy access to the biggest and best in live entertainment.
Driven by innovation, unparalleled scalability, and unmatched support, Ticketmaster is the definitive leader in professional ticketing solutions. Over 12,000 artists, teams, and venues around the world are giving trust to power their amazing performances daily — with more than 500 million tickets sold each year.
Bakson Ltd company collaborates with Ticketmaster for 17 years already. Bakson Ltd delivers the software used by millions of users across the globe.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (OR TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)?
As a part of global Ticketmaster DBA team, your major responsibilities will be Sybase and Postgres administration, while having a will to pick up Oracle and MySql administration tasks (that are already supported by a larger group of DBA’s):
- Sybase upgrades including HA/DR build and troubleshooting
- Postgres upgrades and troubleshooting
To be considered as strong plus:
- Oracle upgrades / troubleshooting / DR
- MySql upgrades and troubleshooting
THE MAJORITY OF PROJECT WORK WILL BE:
- Sybase database administration
- Postgres for protentional version upgrades
- Regular DB patches
- Analysis and resolving DB performance issues
- DB migrations from one major DB version to another
- Migration of database from one data center to another
- Oracle database administration including working with GoldenGate, OEM, Grid, ASM, Data Guard, Schema backups
- MySQL database administration
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
- Willingness to learn
- Passionate about technology and transformation
- Self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
- Comfortable with working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Excited about taking on challenging technical problems and devising creative solutions
- Communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Focus on learning as you go and development and maintenance of apps serving multi-million base of users.
- A flat team structure and a highly collaborative culture that values progress over perfection and encourages creativity, innovation and diversity
- A highly motivated global team of colleagues
- A flexible working style – a fully remote position with the possibility to work from the office
WHO WE ARE?
Bakson Ltd is a software development company based in Belgrade. We are working with teams around the world and take pride on variety of projects we handle and technology we use.
HOW DO WE WORK?
Our workflow is inspired by Agile and Lean principles. We’re not devoted to Scrum or any other framework, but are trying to work in small batches, with fast feedback and very close interaction with product owners.
The emphasis in our team is on collaboration and mutual support – sharing project workflow with globally distributed teams, contributing code to core global services and applications, and encouraging cultural exchange between development groups. Ticketmaster encourages working from home, and the distributed nature of our teams requires us to have flexibility around working hours. We’re familiar with asynchronous and remote work. A Software Engineer in our company is a core writer of code, but also an inspirer and an exemplar to other developers…
Basically, what we care about is that you are a self-starter, happy to work with others, and prepared to adapt and do your best.