FrontEnd Developer – Ticketmaster Marketplace Team
Ticketmaster gives millions of fans – worldwide – fair and easy access to the biggest and best in live entertainment.
Driven by innovation, unparalleled scalability, and unmatched support, Ticketmaster is the definitive leader in professional ticketing solutions. Over 12,000 artists, teams, and venues around the world are giving trust to power their amazing performances daily — with more than 500 million tickets sold each year.
Bakson Ltd company collaborates with Ticketmaster for 16 years already. Bakson Ltd delivers the software used by millions of users across the globe.
Bakson Marketplace team owns and maintains various set of components. Currently we are looking for two engineers to help us drive the Verified Fan and Amplify projects.
The vision of Verified Fan project is to make the difference between those who buy ticket to go to events and those who buy tickets to resell them. Machine learning mechanisms will be empowered in the tech stack described in detail below.
Amplify is an in-house built Content Management System (CMS) that allows us create shops that brings together your brand and Ticketmaster technology. Amplify gives you the controls so shop owners/admins can decide how it looks, with peace of mind that everything runs on our technology. This means your sites are flexible, reliable, and always up to date.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
As a software engineer, you will be developing and maintaining the codebase for Verified Fan and Amplify projects.
- Design, build, optimize, and improve existing systems as well as project work, build new systems and modules to extend our product portfolio.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders (Product Owners, Engineering Manager, end-users, Market representatives…)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)?
- Front-end experience, preferably React and Typescript
- Back-end experience with NodeJS backend services and MongoDB
- Strong experience with web technologies
- Significant experience in best practices of UI component development
- Experience with NextJS react Framework
- Experience with JS testing frameworks (Jest, Cypress, Supertest)
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with setting up project from zero and using tooling such as Lerna
- Experience with managing, building and deploying applications CI/CD (GitLab pipelines, Jenkins)
- Experience with having both experience with Server Side Rendering and Client Side Rendering
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
- Autonomous and proactive
- Passionate about technology and transformation
- Ambitious and open to learn and adapt new technologies and tools
- Self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
- Comfortable with working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Excited about taking on challenging technical problems and devising creative solutions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- A flat team structure and a highly collaborative culture that values progress over perfection and encourages creativity, innovation and diversity
- A highly motivated global team of colleagues
- A flexible working style
WHO WE ARE?
Bakson Ltd is a software development company based in Belgrade. We are working with teams around the world and take pride on variety of projects we handle and technology we use.
HOW DO WE WORK?
Our workflow is inspired by Agile and Lean principles. We’re not devoted to Scrum or any other framework, but are trying to work in small batches, with fast feedback and very close interaction with product owners.
The emphasis in our team is on collaboration and mutual support – sharing project workflow with globally distributed teams, contributing code to core global services and applications, and encouraging cultural exchange between development groups. Ticketmaster encourages working from home, and the distributed nature of our teams requires us to have flexibility around working hours. We’re familiar with asynchronous and remote work. A Software Engineer in our company is a core writer of code, but also an inspirer and an exemplar to other developers…
Basically, what we care about is that you are a self-starter, happy to work with others, and prepared to adapt and do your best.