Frontend Engineer – Nexxiot Team
About our Partner
We are hiring for the software development team of our client, a Switzerland based company Nexxiot. Nexxiot provides an end-to-end solution for rail freight and the wider supply chain, from sensors, to information intelligence, to knowledge sharing. The purpose is to improve rail freight customers fleet management capabilities and extract more value at the component, asset and fleet level.
We are in search of a skilled Frontent Engineer to join already formed team within a Bakson. As a part of this team you would closely collaborate with engineering colleagues on Nexxiot side, as well as stakeholders like Product Owner and Enterprise Architect.
- Cypress / Cypress component testing / Jest
- Tailwind CSS
- Angular Material / Angular Material components
- Collaborating with your team as well as our UX and QA team todesign, implement, test, roll-out and maintain new features and services.
- Actively participating in discussions around design, solutions, and technology overall.
- Being proactive in finding improvements, tackling technical debt, writing, and improving documentation.
- Continuously improving the general state of our code base
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and helping educate the team. Acting as onboarding buddy for new team members.
- Strong experience in writing software in TypeScript.
- Strong experience with common web frontend engineering concepts, design patterns, technologies, and frameworks (especially Angular).
- Good knowledge of CSS, SASS/SCSS syntax, and good styling skills (incl. CSS Grid Layout, Flexbox, etc.).
- Knowledge of: NestJS, GraphQL and Nrwl Nx Monorepo.
- Knowing your way around AWS is considered as a big plus.
- Experience with working in an agile environment.
- Familiar with containerised applications (Docker).
- Solid experience with Git, and CI/CD best practices (Gitlab CI).
- Solid knowledge of software testing; TDD is encouraged, but not mandatory.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
What we offer
- Mix of serious projects and great working atmosphere, well recognized on market.
- Dynamic international work environment.
- Skilled and senior co-workers.
- Proper financial compensation.
- Private medical care.
- Personal and professional development – internal Tech talks and soft skills trainings.
WHO WE ARE?
Bakson Ltd is a software development company based in Belgrade. We are working with teams around the world and take pride on variety of projects we handle and technology we use.
HOW DO WE WORK?
Our workflow is inspired by Agile and Lean principles. We’re not devoted to Scrum or any other framework, but are trying to work in small batches, with fast feedback and very close interaction with product owners.
The emphasis in our team is on collaboration and mutual support – sharing project workflow with globally distributed teams, contributing code to core global services and applications, and encouraging cultural exchange between development groups. Bakson encourages working from home, and the distributed nature of our teams requires us to have flexibility around working hours. We’re familiar with asynchronous and remote work. A Software Engineer in our company is a core writer of code, but also an inspirer and an exemplar to other developers…
Basically, what we care about is that you are a self-starter, happy to work with others, and prepared to adapt and do your best.