Java Midlevel Developer – Ticketmaster Team
Ticketmaster gives millions of fans – worldwide – fair and easy access to the biggest and best in live entertainment.
Driven by innovation, unparalleled scalability, and unmatched support, Ticketmaster is the definitive leader in professional ticketing solutions. Over 12,000 artists, teams, and venues around the world are giving trust to power their amazing performances daily — with more than 500 million tickets sold each year.
Bakson Ltd company collaborates with Ticketmaster for 17 years already. Bakson Ltd delivers the software used by millions of users across the globe.
We are seeking talented, highly motivated medior developer to join our Ticketmaster team. As developer at Bakson/Ticketmaster, you’ll work with colleagues focused on designing, developing and maintaining high quality backend services.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for backend development, ensuring the robustness and performance of our applications. Your responsibilities will encompass writing, testing, and deploying high-quality code, encompassing unit, integration, end-to-end, BDD and performance testing. You will also play a pivotal role in our Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) processes.
Please note that this is a replacement position comes with 1 year contract length. There is a potential for this to be extended to permanent contract once the initial one expires, but it will be discussed at that time and cannot be guaranteed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (OR TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)?
- Extensive experience with BackEnd development
- In-depth knowledge (3+ years) of Java (Spring Boot)
- Hands-on experience with relational database
- Hands-on experience with Git and Maven
- Experience with distributed microservice and cloud-based architectures
- Familiar with DevOps tools and technologies (production deployments, observability, operations, monitoring and alerting)
- Familiar with continuous delivery/deployment best practices and guidelines
- Knowledge of Design Patterns and SOLID principles
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Experience with Redis is a plus
- Experience with Kafka is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
- Autonomous and proactive
- Passionate about technology and transformation
- Ambitious and open to learn and adapt new technologies and tools
- Self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
- Comfortable with working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Excited about taking on challenging technical problems and devising creative solutions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Focus on learning as you go and development and maintenance of apps serving multi-million base of users.
- A flat team structure and a highly collaborative culture that values progress over perfection and encourages creativity, innovation and diversity
- A highly motivated global team of colleagues
- A flexible working style – a fully remote position with the possibility to work from the office
WHO WE ARE?
Bakson Ltd is a software development company based in Belgrade. We are working with teams around the world and take pride on variety of projects we handle and technology we use.
HOW DO WE WORK?
Our workflow is inspired by Agile and Lean principles. We’re not devoted to Scrum or any other framework, but are trying to work in small batches, with fast feedback and very close interaction with product owners.
The emphasis in our team is on collaboration and mutual support – sharing project workflow with globally distributed teams, contributing code to core global services and applications, and encouraging cultural exchange between development groups. Ticketmaster encourages working from home, and the distributed nature of our teams requires us to have flexibility around working hours. We’re familiar with asynchronous and remote work. A Software Engineer in our company is a core writer of code, but also an inspirer and an exemplar to other developers…
Basically, what we care about is that you are a self-starter, happy to work with others, and prepared to adapt and do your best.