Tech Lead (Java)
For our Swiss partner, RepRisk, we are forming a team to work on a new and exciting project.
RepRisk is a rapidly growing global company and pioneer in the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) data science field. Our goal is to make the world a better place by creating transparency in the business world and drive positive change via the power of data. We combine AI and machine learning with human intelligence to analyze public information to identify ESG risks. We serve as a reality check for how companies conduct their business around the world – do they walk their talk when it comes to human rights, labor standards, corruption, and environmental issues?
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Team Lead with experience as Senior Java Developer. This person will lead a team of talented individuals, having in mind success of a project. Team Lead position is for person who has mix of people and technical skills.
Team Lead has high skills in people management and ability to lead and influence others in a natural and non-directive manner. They know how to facilitate, and possess strong coaching and mentoring skills. Team Lead is a team player who stimulates and facilitate personal and professional growth, who resolves development issues and leads technical directive. He/she is clear and transparent on formalised expectations and appraise job results accordingly.
Overall responsibilities for Team Lead position:
You will be Lead of a talented software team that works on mission-critical project. Your responsibilities include managing application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. On top of this, your will be point of contact for your team, you will have responsibility to coach them, have regular conversations and catch-up, look out on their motivation, development, and success. You need to be a team player who stimulates and facilitates personal and professional growth in your team and possess strong soft skills as well as technical experience:
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Interact with other technical and application dev teams in the implementation process involving multiple AWS services
- Write well designed, tested code
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Several years of hands-on software development experience in Java 11+, SpringBoot 2.3+, JOOQ, GraphQL, REST, RabbitMQ, MySQL, MariaDB of some other RDBS.
- Understanding in building server-side components in a Cloud platform and microservice architecture using Spring Boot
- Capable to analyze and understand different application specifications, technology approaches, and business requirements
- Experienced with software design and architecture with a deep understanding of applications architecture and design principles
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate and interact with all levels of technical and business team members
Application Tech stack:
- BackEnd: Java 11+, SpringBoot 2.3+, JOOQ, GraphQL, REST, RabbitMQ
- Database: MySQL, MariaDB of some other RDBS
- Infrastructure: AWS-Kubernetes (Dedicated DevOps team handles this, but developers are also involved in some extent)
- Administration: JIRA, Confluence, Teams
Experiences that we consider a plus:
- Experience with Message Queues such as ActiveMQ, Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Experience in the following technologies: WebFlux / Reactive Microservices, Mockito, Elasticsearch, Hazelcast, Keycloak or similar SSO technology, React and Front-end experience
- Experience with AWS managed services utilizing API Gateway, Lambda, RDS
- Experience in agile environment
What we Offer:
- An entrepreneurial, international, and dynamic work environment
- Cutting edge systems and technology at the interface of machine learning and sustainability
- Flexible working hours and arrangements, remote working if that’s what team wants
- Dedicated professional colleagues and unique mix of serious projects and great working atmosphere
- Private medical care
- Personal and professional development – internal Tech talks and soft skills trainings
- Teambuilding activities
WHO WE ARE?
Bakson Ltd is a software development company based in Belgrade. We are working with teams around the world and take pride on variety of projects we handle and technology we use.
HOW DO WE WORK?
Our workflow is inspired by Agile and Lean principles. We’re not devoted to Scrum or any other framework, but are trying to work in small batches, with fast feedback and very close interaction with product owners.
The emphasis in our team is on collaboration and mutual support – sharing project workflow with globally distributed teams, contributing code to core global services and applications, and encouraging cultural exchange between development groups. Bakson encourages working from home, and the distributed nature of our teams requires us to have flexibility around working hours. We’re familiar with asynchronous and remote work. A Software Engineer in our company is a core writer of code, but also an inspirer and an exemplar to other developers…
Basically, what we care about is that you are a self-starter, happy to work with others, and prepared to adapt and do your best.